Did you notice the unusually warm winter we had? A lot of pests including termites sure did which makes this year’s Termite Awareness Week even more important!
We’re anticipating a busy year, as mentioned in our blog posted earlier this month: read it here. Our ultimate goal is for most of that service to be preventative pest control instead of reactive services. As our saying goes, don’t wait for a [pest] problem to arise, get ahead of it! Here are just a few termite facts in honor of Termite Awareness Week, for even more tips and information visit our Facebook page and website.
- There are five types of termites commonly found nesting in homes:
dampwood | drywood | subterranean | conehead | formosan
- Subterranean termites are the most destructive termite found in the U.S. North Central Florida is home to subterranean termites and provides ideal living conditions. They build elaborate tunnel systems and can access your home from anywhere underground.
- A mild winter means that termite swarmer’s didn’t freeze this year. You can expect a greater chance of infestation this year.
- A single termite can eat 24-hours a day – they’re called “silent destroyers” for a reason, they can compromise a structure’s stability in 6 months.
- The first signs of termites are swarmer termites. If you see these winged reproductives call a Termite Specialist immediately.
- Subterranean termites can even avoid detection from certified home inspectors.
- Most homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover termite damage, leaving you to cover all expenses and damages.
Termites shouldn’t be taken lightly and they can level an entire house which is a financial hardship some can never bounce back from. With Live Oak Pest Control’s termite service, you will get detailed inspection and peace of mind knowing your property is 100% termite free. See our termite guarantee. Your professional and courteous Termite Pest Specialists have all the tools and knowledge to monitor for any termite activity on your property.